Mr. M. Ali Latif is a Fellow Member (FCA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) and a Chartered Public Finance Accountant (CPFA). He is also currently serving as “Honorary Secretary” of the Northern Regional Committee of ICAP and is looking after the Business Assurance & Advisory Services of Rehmani & Co – Chartered Accountants.
Over 15 years of varied experience in working for Private & Public sector Enterprises with emphasis on Systems Development, Financial and Management Consulting, Taxation, Feasibility studies etc. Some of the experience gained is detailed below:
- Review of existing system and recommending the improvement in system design along with the identification of internal control weaknesses of Construction Company.
- Designed costing & financial accounting and control system for a towel manufacturing concern and helped programmer in designing the IT package for the same.
- Preparation of financial feasibility studies of various projects for formulating the most viable plan based on financial condition & Restructuring proposals for Bank Approvals.
- Involved in the assignment of Corporatization of Pakistan Railways as an autonomous entity, which included Review of Financial and Information Management System with conducting Audit for the year ended June 30, 2002 and preparation of accounts in accordance with IAS & IFRS.
- Conducted feasibility studies and market surveys for various entertainment rides
- Conducted a detailed market survey and Feasibility study for setting up an Exchange Company and submitted the same to State Bank of Pakistan.
- Defined policies & procedures to implement performance monitoring processes vis-à-vis introduction of Individual Target Achievement System & Sales Dash-Board for Telecom Company.
- Supervision of the information systems audit assignments to assess independently and objectively the controls, reliability and integrity of a renowned Bank’s Information Technology environment (IT). These included Business Application System Audits, Core Banking Solution System Audit along with IT Infrastructure Audits.
- Conducting feasibility study for textile spinning units of 18000 & 24000 spindles.
- Acting as a Consultant for setting up a Paper processing unit in Sri Lanka and obtaining relevant BOI approvals.
- Conducted a detailed market survey and Feasibility study for developing a Housing Scheme spread over 200 Acres on behalf of Abu Dhabi based group.
- Prepared a Financial Feasibility study for developing a Recreational Facility in Lahore on behalf of international investors.
- Conducted market surveys and prepared feasibility study for setting up 10 M. Ton LPG Distribution Plant.
- Conducted cash flow based valuation and due diligence for acquisition of restaurant located on M.M Alam Road in Lahore.
- Conducted statutory audits of companies in various sectors.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Fellow Member – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
- Professional Member of ISACA.
- Qualified Accountant member of CIPFA
- Life Membership Lahore Tax Bar Association.
- Elected Member of Northern Regional Committee of ICAP