Mr. M.T K Rehmani qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1976. He has over 30 years of professional experience and specializes in Assurance Services (Audit and Accountancy) and Management Consultancy Services.. His experience is spread over a wide spectrum of industries covering fields of statutory audits, due diligence work, acquisitions, audits and other management consultancy services.
Over 30 years of varied experience in Auditing, Accounting, Systems Development, Financial and Management Consulting, Taxation, Capital Markets especially Equity Markets, Forex Trading & Commodity Trading. Some of the experience gained is detailed below:
- Development of fully integrated Accounting and Financial Management Systems of Fertilizer Company& Chip-Board Manufacturing Unit
- Development and implementation of an integrated construction accounting and management information system for a Construction Company.
- Development & implementation of procurement & stores system for 25,000 acres Agro-Industrial projectin Sudan financed by IFC.
- Acted as consultant / advisor for setting up a number of companies.
- Carried out a market review and a feasibility study to establish a unit for manufacturing Cooking & Vegetable Oil in Gadoon and other areas.
- Conducted feasibility studies, market surveys and dealing with GOP for allocation of LPG quotas. Setting up of LPG plants including procurement of plant & machinery, import of cylinders, arranging finances from various banks and setting up distribution networks along with subsequent monitoring of projects.
- Acted as consultant for Joint Venture agreement for setting up a Tractor Assembly unit and deletion programme with the Chinese Government.
- Conducted a detailed Feasibility study and arrangement of Government sanctions / permissions for setting up an Investment / Commercial Bank.
- Arrangement of long and short term financing for various organizations in Pakistan including loan swaps.
- Acted as consultant for financial appraisal of assembly and deletion of TV sets under license from a Japanese producer.
- Acted as financial consultant for joint venture agreement with the largest oil marketing company for lubricant plant.
- Loan arrangements from financial institutions, preparation of budgets and accounting manuals along with setting up of distribution network for chemical plant in Baluchistan.
- Market survey / price negotiations / arranging letters of credit for import of Cement form India.
- Conducting feasibility study for textile spinning units visiting manufacturer of machinery in Switzerland for price negotiations of about 25000 spindles and consulting with a bank in Paris for it’s financing.
- Acted as a Financial Consultant for advising to build and operate a Bulk Storage Capacity of Palm Oil in export processing zone Karachi for onward sales to small Cooking Oil Mills in collaboration with Singapore oil brokerage firm. The specific funding was arranged from a bank in Hong Kong.
- Acted as Economic Advisor to Pakistan Vanaspati Manufacturers’ Association for devising strategies for import of Palm oil and discussions with Palm oil Refineries Association in Malaysia for preparation of feasibility study and negotiations for setting up a Palm oil refinery in Malaysia.
- Setting up a food processing plant at Jebel Ali Free Zone Dubai.
- Successfully managed a portfolio of Rs. 100 Million for investment in the local Equity Markets for 5 years using state of the art technical analysis softwares along with intra-day entry & exit strategies.
- Conducted audits of companies in various sectors.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Fellow Member – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
- Member International Who’s Who of Professionals.
- Life Member – Lahore Tax Bar Association.